1. It was never clear _____ the man hadn’t reported the accident sooner.
A. that B. what C. when D. why
2. After the fierce competition, the students were taken to their camp, _____ they would rest for next round.
A. where B. who C. which D. what
3. To learn English well, we should find opportunities to hear English _____ as much as we can.
A. speak B. speaking C. spoken D. to speak
4. — Why? Jack, you look so tired!
— Well. I _____ the house and I must finish the work tomorrow.
A. was painting B. will be painting C. have painted D. have been painting
5. So sudden _____ that the enemy had no time to escape.
A. did the attack B. the attack did C. was the attack D. the attack was
6. It’s not the score you’ve got, but the attitude you choose _____ determines our evaluation of your work.
A. which B. that C. what D. who
7. All we are required to do _____ record a “weike” where we explain what we think students are puzzled about.
A. are B. is C. was D. were
8. Our school called on us to donate our pocket money to the school damaged by the flood, _____ the students to return to their classrooms.
A. enabling B. having enabled C. enable D. to have enabled
9. — I prefer shutting myself in and listening to music all day on Sundays.
— That’s _____ I don’t agree. You should have a more active life.
A. where B. how C. when D. what
10. John thinks it won’t be long _____ he is ready for his new job.
A. when B. after C. before D. since
11. _____ an important decision more on emotion than on reason, you will regret it sooner or later.
A. Based B. Basing C. Base D. To base
12. The manager is said to have arrived back from Paris where he _____ some European partners.
A. would meet B. is meeting C. meets D. had met
13. _____ something to drink, as the movie will last three hours.
A. Grab B. To grab C. Grabbing D. Grabbed
14. The president hopes that the people will be better off when he quits than when he _____.
A. has started B. starts C. started D. will start
15. — I left my handbag on the train, but luckily someone gave it to a railway official.
— How unbelievable to get it back! I mean, someone _____ it.
A. will have stolen B. might have stolen C. should have stolen D. must have stolen
4.【答案】D。解析：考查动词的时态与语态。根据I must finish the work tomorrow可知，我给房子上油漆一直进行到现在，而且到明天才会完成。所以用现在完成进行时。故选D。
5.【答案】C。解析：考查特殊句式。So….that 位于句首，句子要用部分倒装，sudden是形容词，主系表结构，还原为The attack was so sudden that….故选C。
6.【答案】B。解析：考查强调句型。It is +强调部分+that，强调句的特点就是去掉It is …that，句子成分完整。Not the score(you’ve got), but the attitude (you choose) determines our evaluation of your work. 故选B。
7.【答案】B。解析：考查主谓一致。All we are required to do= All that we are required to do= what we are required to do，all引导定语从句，谓语的单复数取决于宾语的单、复数;如果后面是单数，谓语就用单;反之，用复数。现在的宾语是record a “weike”，谓语用单数。故选B。
9.【答案】A。解析：考查名词性从句。很明显在is后面是一个表语从句。agree是不及物动词，从句中I don’t agree已经是一个完整的句子，并不缺少任何成分，所以空格处应选用一个连接副词，引导从句做表语，而其本身在从句中做状语。句意：——周日我喜欢宅在家里听音乐。——这就是我不同意你的地方。你的生活应该更丰富多彩一些。
10.【答案】C。解析：考查特殊句式。It will not be +时间段+ before… 不久就……，过不了多久就……
It is + 时间段 + since…自从……以来有一段时间了
It is + 时间点 + when…当的时候是……
It + will be + 时间段 + before……要过多久才……
It will not be +时间段+ before… 不久就……，过不了多久就……
12.【答案】D。解析：考查动词的时态与语态。不定式动作to have arrived说明发生在过去，定语从句met发生在过去的过去，故用过去完成时。句意：据说经理已经从巴黎回来了，在那里会见了一些欧洲生意伙伴。
15.【答案】B。解析：考查情态动词与虚拟语气。根据语境可知，手提包失而复得。这里是猜测，但并不确定，意为“这个手提包可能会被偷”。might have stolen 表示本可能被偷走，但实际上没有被偷走。故选B。